We should eat more fish with rich in high quality protein. The cooking way” braised” means firstly pan-frying ,then add some water, stew till served. It has a richer flavor.
The blunt-snout bream which has small head and big body gave us more fish meat. If you like fish, you will love it.
It’s better to use a frying pan. If not, it’s OK to use a wok. In order to let the skin of the fish not break in the process of frying, you must use ginger slices to wipe the pan before pan-frying.
- One blunt-snout bream, about 1 lb. , descaled and cleaned
- One small part ginger, about 10 gram, sliced
- One part scallion, cut into sections
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 3 red dried chilli
- One sprag parsley , minced
- One cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon shaoxing wine
- Coat the fish with 1 teaspoon shaoxing wine and salt, marinate the fish for 10 minutes.
- Dry the fish with paper towels.
- Use several ginger slices to wipe the pan before pan-frying.
- Heat the pan over medium heat, add 1+1/2 tablespoon oil, pan-frying the fish both sides until brown.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the wok, heat over high heat, add ginger slices, scallion secions, dried chilli, garlic, stir-frying , about 1-2 miuntes.
- Add fish to the wok, add water, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, shaoxing wine, vinegar, sugar, salt, then stewing about 10-15 minutes, (don’t untill d.ried, some sauce should be left).
- Serve with rice.