The northern area of China is frozen and snowy now, and Guangdong is still warm like summer. Winter in the north is a good season for tonic, people will eat lamb, chicken, beef, etc. to nourish the body. Seasonal chestnuts and chicken are also a good restorative combination.
If you love cantonese soup, the main same ingredients are in the recipe I cooked before. Today I will show you another cooking way. Try it if you want to drink with the guys.
The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) made more people to be at home. I think maybe it was not a bad thing to have time to enjoy cooking.
Chestnut with shell or without shell
I bought the packing chestnuts without shell from the supermarket. Chestnuts with shells will be fresher, just take more time to remove the shells.
The step of blanching chicken cannot be ignored
Regardless of the cooking method, it’s best to blanch the chicken to get rid of the dirty stuff.
Chicken Stir Fry with Chestnuts
- Wok for stir-frying
- About 400 gram chicken, cut into pieces
- About 200 gram chestnuts, peeled
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 gram ginger, sliced
- 15 gram green scallions ,chopped
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Add water to a wok, bring to a boil, add chicken and blanching
- Rinse the chiken under the tap, then drained
- Add oil to a wok, heat over high heat
- Add ginger, green scallion, stir-frying for 3 seconds, then add chicken and chestnuts
- Keep stir-frying, add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, pepper powder, salt, shaoxing wine
- Stir-frying for 3 minutes, then add about 2 cup water, bring to boil
- Reduce the heat to low
- Stewing them until the sauce is almost dry.