I haven’t eaten enough of this dish since I was a kid. I get the most classic taste through the simplest ingredient which is Chinese cabbage. When you have a cold and no appetite, serve porridge with it. When you eat a lot of meat and want something light, try it. You will never be disappointed.
In the past, vegetables supply in winter was not so abundant, cabbage was the main ingredient in northern China. In my memory, the teachers had a holiday when cabbage was on the market in autumn to buy and store. So it is not surprising that there were so many delicious recipes made by this singel cabbage.
My tips for this stir fry cabbage
I love to add sugar to the oil before stir-frying the cabbage, so the sugar melts easily and enters the cabbage.
In this recipe, the ratio of sugar and vinegar is 1:2, the taste is better.
Tilt the knife then cut the cabbage, the sliced cabbage will be delicious more.
Heat over the high heat
The cabbage should be stir-fry over high fire, then we will get the tender and cripy texture.
Chinese Cabbage Stir Fry with Vinegar
- Wok for stir-frying
- 300 gram Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 5 gram ginger, chopped
- one small green scallion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoon oil
- One fresh red chili(optional)
- Add the oil to the wok, .heat over high heat
- Add sugar, vinegar, chopped ginger, garlic, scallion, stir-frying for 3 seconds
- Add cabbage, salt, light soy sauce stir-frying for 3 minute, until the sauce is not much
- Serve immediately