Today is the end of heat solar term, which means that the hot weather is coming to an end and the air is getting cooler. The traditional Chinese food in this solar term is to eat duck which I have madeduck before. Today my recipe Chinese cabbage with pepper oil is quick and easy to cook for the busy working day.
Many foreigners think that Chinese food is delicious but too difficult to make. What I want to say is that there are too many simple and delicious Chinese dishes that can’t take 10 minutes just like today’s boiled cabbage with pepper oil salad. Boiling the cabbage until cooked through first, then drizzle the hot pepper corns oil, mixed well, everything is ok.
From the perspective of Chinese medicine, pepper corns has the effects of warming the middle part of body and dispelling cold, detoxification and dehumidification. Moreover, the Chinese cabbage is cold in nature, while the pepper is warm in nature, which is very suitable for collocation.
- The amount of oil is more than usual, so that every piece of vegetable sticks to the pepper oil.
- Make sure not to burn the pepper, heat over medium heat, then remove the pepper immediately when the pepper corn’s color starts to darken.
- Chili oil is optional. My previous recipe has a detailed production process.
Chinese Cabbage with Pepper Oil
- Pot for boiling
- Wok for stir-frying
- Chinese cabbage about 300 gram ,cut into pieces
- 10 gram pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoon oil
- chili oil (optional)
- Add full water to the pot, bring to a boil, add cabbage pieces, boiling until cooked through, transfer to a big bowl.
- Add 8 tablespoon oil , pepper corns to the wok, heat over medium heat, remove the pepper corns when the color start to darken,
- Add the hot oil to the cabbage, stir in salt, chili oil, mixed well.