I often marvel at the culinary skills of Chinese chefs, which can turn the most common ingredients into delicious food. Just like today’s candied floss pan fried egg which is made by candied floss method. The Chinese call this famous dish 挂浆黄菜. Those who like sweets must give it a try.
If you go to a Chinese wedding banquet, the last dish is usually a candied floss recipe, such as candied floss apples, candied floss sweet potatoes, etc. The freshly cooked dishe is on the table, and everyone can use chopsticks to pull out the silks. Put a bowl of cold water next to it and dip it when you eat, in order to reduce its temperature so that it won’t burn your mouth.
It seems that pan frying eggs is not difficult. The success of making syrup is the key to this dish. In my opinion, experience comes from practice, and if you do it a few more times, you can naturally master the key technology. In fact, different stages of making syrup get different results. To get sugar frost if it takes less time. It takes a long time to get the crystal clear syrup that can be pulled out the silks. The chef’s skill lies in whether the dish can be drawn with thin and long silks.
For the liquid used to melt sugar, it can be water or oil. I prefer to boil the syrup with water. Constant stirring can keep the sugar from caramelizing. In the process of boiling sugar, only heat it over medium and small heat.
What I want to say is that the sugar sticking to the plate is difficult to remove. The only way is to boil it in water, the sugar will melt and cleaning becomes easy.
Chinese Candied Floss Pan Fried Eggs(挂浆黄菜）
- Wok for stir-frying
- frying pan
- 5 eggs, beat the eggs thoroughly
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 100 gram sugar
- 100 ml water
- Add a little oil to a frying pan, turn the pan to make the surface of the pot stick with oil, add the egg liquid, just cover the pan, when the egg is solidified, turn it over, transfer to a plate when both sides brown. Do this step several times until the egg liquid is used up.
- Spread the egg cake on a cutting board and cut it into diamond shapes with a knife.
- Add water and sugar to a wok, heat over medium and low heat, keep stirring all the time with the spatula,
- When the syrup slowly turns golden brown, dip it with chopsticks. When you see the syrup slowly fall, it means it is ready. Add the egg cakes quickly and let them all stick to the syrup.
- Transfer to a palte
- Serve immediately with dipping cold water.