Eggplant is one of the most common vegetables in summer. The Chinese have also deduced many methods of making eggplant, including fish-flavored eggplant, eggplant with soy bean paste and so on. Today’s Chinese crispy eggplant with sauce is what I like very much. It’s a perfect match for rice, for it is crispy, covered with sweet, sour and slightly spicy sauce.
The secret to making eggplant crisp is to remove most of the eggplant, leaving the skin and small part connected with the skin, coated with starch, and deep-fried in hot oil. Bring the sauce to a boil and add the fried eggplant to the sauce. It only takes a few seconds to let all the eggplants dip in the juice. The eggplants remain crispy and become delicious.
How to Prepare
Remove most of the meat containing eggplant seeds, leaving small part of the eggplant and skin.
Eggplant is a vegetable that is easy to absorb oil. In order to prevent the eggplant from absorbing too much oil, soak it in water for a few minutes and then wipe it dry with paper.
The oil temperature of fried eggplant should not be too low, about 180-200 degrees Celsius. It’s more appropriate to see that the eggplant turns golden yellow and the surface hardens quickly.
Chinese Crispy Eggplant with Sauce
- Wok for deep-frying
- pot for stir-frying
- 200 g one eggplant, remove the most part, left the skin and small part, cut into sections.
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup oil for deep-frying
- For sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1+1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 gram green scallion, chopped
- 2 red chili, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 15 pieces pepper corn
- Top with
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame cooked
- One coriander, chopped
- Soak the eggplant sections in water for 5 minutes, then drained with paper. cover with corn starch well
- Heat the oil over high-medium heat. when the temperature is above 180 ,deep-frying the eggplant, when the color is brown, transfer to a dish
- Another pot, Add 2 tablespoon oil to a wok, heat over medium heat, chicken powder, vinegar, sugar, salt, chopped green scallion , garlic sliced, red chili chopped, pepper corn, bring to a boil, add the deep fried eggplant, stirring for some seconds, let the eggplant all be in sauce, turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.
- Top with sesame and coriander chopped