Pepper and chili seem to be the first to make foreigners know Sichuan cuisine that included today’s dan dan noodles with red oil and cardamine bean sprouts（sui mi ya cai). There are two ways to prepare dan dan noodles, one with soup and one with dried mixing which is my cooking way. At first, someone picked a carring pole (pronounced bian dan in Chinese) and went to the street to sell noodles, which became the name of Dandan noodles.
Noodles should be the food I will never refuse, the warm noodles soup in winter, the refreshing cold noodles in summer, and the dandan noodles with rich taste. For singles and busy people at work, noodles are the fastest and most nutritious food. If you like mixed noodles, you can prepare some stir fried minced pork in the refrigerator. If you like noodles soup, you can prepare some chicken soup or meatballs in the refrigerator. Add some greens boiled and prepared ingrediens for noodles, noodles can be served on the table in less than ten minutes.
The preparation of dan dan noodles is a bit like burning noodles, plus more sesame paste sauce which will always increase the deliciousness of the dish. There is always a jar of sesame paste in my refrigerator for mixing noodles, cake with sesame paste fillings, hot pot, etc.
Let me show the instructions for dan dan noodles
- Prepared ingrdients for mixing step
- Stir-fried su mi ya cai
Stir-fried pork minced
- Boiling noodles
Chinese Dan Dan Noodles
- Wok for stir-frying
- Pot for boiling
- 100 gram noodles
- 40 gram (sui mi ya cai)
- 15 gram baked peanut chopped
- One green scallion, chopped
- 3 tabelspoon chili oil
- For stir-frying pork minced
- 10 gram ginger chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 100 gram minced pork
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame paste, stirring with water
- 2 tablespoon cooked sesame
- Add oil to a wok, heat over high medium heat, add ginger chopped, stir-frying for seconds, then add minced pork, stir-frying until white color, then add light soy sauce ,salt, pepper powder, keep stirring until cooked through, transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok, add su mi ya cai, stir-frying for about 2 minutes, transfer to another bowl.
- Boiling the noodles until cooked through, transfer to a big bowl.
- Add 3 tabelspoon chili oil to the boiled noodles, mixed well, then add stir-fried minced pork, stir-fried su mi ya cai, peanut chopped, sesame paste sauce, sesame, mixed, top with green scallion chopped.