Chinese dry fried cauliflower was one of the most popular dishes on Chinese restaurant menus for some time. “ Dry fried”(干煸), can also understand it as stir-frying, without seeing the juice, in a short period of time, let the ingredients be cooked through over medium heat.
Similarly, dry fried dishes also test cooking techniques such as the mastery of fire, and the length of cooking time, makes it impossible to burn the ingredients. Some ingredients that are not easy to cook need to be pre-processed, such as deep-frying first. In this dish, the cauliflower is easier to be cooked through, so can be stir-fried directly in the pan.
The dry fried cauliflower has a crispy and tender texture, just a little burnt edge with aroma, coupled with the spiciness of red chili, white and red nice color, so it is another dish called a rice killer with good color, flavor, and taste that are Chinese dishes’ three elements.
Chinese Dry Fried Cauliflower(干煸菜花）
- Wok for stir-frying
- One part cauliflower about 200 gram, wash then break into small flowers by hand
- 3 cloves, garlic, sliced
- 3 red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to a wok, heat over medium heat, when just beginnin to smoke, add garlic sliced, chopped chili, stir-frying for 5 seconds,
- Add cauliflower,add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce ,chicken powder, salt, stir-fry continuously，until cooked through, turn off the fire, transfer to a plate.
- Serve with rice.