Today’s ferment rice soup with glutinous rice balls which is a sweet soup belongs to the authentic southern Chinese recipe. Southern traditions use ferment rice recipes as a postpartum tonic for women.
Ferment rice with a little sweetness and sour taste is made from steamed glutinous rice and then fermented with distiller’s yeast. From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, ferment rice is sweet, pungent, warm in nature, it can replenish Qi, promote body fluid, and activate blood circulation. Chinese medicine also believes that glutinous rice is warm in nature and sweet in taste, which can warm the spleen and stomach and nourish the qi. The combination of glutinous rice and ferment rice has a very good tonic effect on the body.
Just like cantonese soup, traditional Chinese medicine can also be added a little, wolfberry added to today’s soup. The method for making ferment rice is not difficult, but to save time, I used ready-made ones that I bought today.
Chinese Ferment Rice Soup with Glutinous Rice Balls
- Pot for boiling
- Glutinous rice flour 50 gram,
- Boiling water about 40 gram,
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 100 gram ferment rice
- 1000ml water
- 7 pieces wolfberry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Add boiling water and 1 teaspoon oil to the glutinous rice flour, make a dough
- Make the dough into cylinders, then cut into small sections, then made them into balls by hands.
- Add 1000ml water to the pot. bring to a boil, then add the glutinous rice balls, boiling until cooked through（When you see the balls float on the water and become transparent.)
- Add the ferment rice to the glutinous rice balls soup, wolfberry, sugar, boiling for 1 minute, turn off the heat.
- Serve warm.