The mushroom in this recipe is Shiitak. Dried shiitak which has a special aroma are widely used in Chinese recipes. Before creating this dish, soaked the dried shiitak for half and hour. If you are a vegetarian and don’t have the time to prepare many ingredients, try this and you will love it.
Why pair bok choy with shiitak mushroom
The bok choy is called ” Youcai” in China. It means this green vegetable looks like with oil after blanching or stir-frying. The tender and tough texture of bok choy and shiitak with special flavor are a perfect match.
Only blanching bok choy and boiling shiitak mushroom
No need stir-frying step, only blanching bok choy until cooked through. When blanching, add pinch of salt and oil, keeping the green color of bok choy. The shiitak mushroom spent more time to boil until tender and soft.
Simple sauce for drizzling
Ginger and garlic are essential ingredients, but pinch of ginger chopped and more garlic chopped. Oyster adds to the sweetness of the dish. Bring to a boil, drizzle the sauce , everything is done.
Chinese Mushroom Bok Choy with Sauce
- 200 gram bok choy, wash and drained
- 12 pieces of shiitak mushroom, soak half an hour before cooking, remove the root
- 1/2 table spoon starch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster
- chopped ginger about 2 gram
- 4 cloves garlic , chopped
- pinch of salt for blanching bok choy
- pinch of oil for blanching bok choy
- Add water to a pok, bring to a boil, add pinch of salt and oil, then add bok choy, blanching for 1 minute , transfter to a dish
- Add shiitak mushroom soaked, boiling for 8 minutes until cooked through
- Put the shiitak and bok choy on a plate
- Mixed ginger, garlic, oyster, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce,water, and starch well, add to a pan, bring to boil, drizzle this sauce over the mushroom and bok choy.
- Serve immediately