It seems that our lives are busier than ever before, so that there is no time to cook a good meal. Fortunately we have a instant pot in which meat and vegetables cooked for a meal. Today’s recipe is a classic one pot meal I cooked many times with delicious rich flavored. It should be regarded as a derivative version of Chinese Claypot Rice and Sausage, because authentic one requires preise time, claypot ware, and heat which is guarded by a cook.
The key ingredient is cantonese style sausage with little sweet taste. In my impression, the north style sausage is thicker and salty tasted compared to the Cantonese sausage. No matter what kind of sausage you have in your hand, put it in, I believe you will get the same nice dish.
About the vegetables
Dried shiitake mushrooms that need to be soaked in advance are indispensable. Others I added carrot and onions. If you have the root vegetables besides greens, such as tomatoes, potatoes, lotus root,celery etc., added them will be fine. For green leafy will be yellow color and not tasty after a long time cooking.
The essential cooking step
Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok, stir-frying all the vegetables for 2-3 minutes, then add them to the instant pot with prepared water and rice, then press the cooking rice button.
All that left is to wait for the heat preservation lamp to be turned on , and then enjoy the delicious rice with sausage and vegetables.
Chinese one pot sausage and rice
- A Instant Pot
- 100 gram carrot, diced
- 70 gram onion, diced
- 50 gram Cantonese sausage, sliced
- 3 Dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a wok,heat over high heat, add diced onions, stir-frying until onions are wilted
- Add sausage sliced, diced carrot, diced mushrooms, light soy sauce, salt, sugar, stir-frying for 2 minutes.
- Prepare 1-2 servings of rice and water in the instant pot
- Transfer them to the instant pot with prepared rice and water, press cooking rice button
- The rice is ok when stirring all the ingredients well in the instant pot, then transfer to a dish
- Serve immediatedly.