I have to say that Chinese pork stew with string beans pork is a favorite dish of almost all families in the Northeast region of China. Every autumn, when the string beans are ripe, they are simmered in a pot with the pork, and then serve with the rice soaked in the soup of this dish. Unparalleled deliciousness at this moment.
There are many types of string beans that can be stewed with pork. The green beans are the most popular ones with larger beans and thick pulp that are not common in the South of China. So I had to buy this kind of long string beans instead. Although the taste will be a bit inferior, it still allows me to regain the taste of hometown in my memory.
We all know that some ingredients are matches made in heaven. Just like tomatoes and eggs, and today’s string beans and pork. The sweetness of the beans and the meaty aroma of pork work perfectly together. Their mutual stimulation and complement each other make this dish delicious. It’s not an amazing feeling, but the unpretentious taste of home, or the taste of the dishes makde from mom .
- Should bring a little fat with the pork you buy. Whether it is pork belly or hind legs. The ratio of fat to lean is 3:7 or 4:6
- First stir fry the fatty pork, stir fry out the oil, remove the meat residue, and then fry the lean pork.
- When simmering, be careful not to dry the soup, keep some for soaking rice.
Chinese Pork Stew with String Beans
- Wok for stir-frying
- About 1200 gram string beans, remove the strings and ends.
- Pork about 400 gram with fatty and lean meat.
- 5 cloves garlic,
- 2 star anise
- 10 gram green scallions chopped
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the pork into pieces and separate the fat and the lean.
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium heat, add fat pork, stir-frying until the fat pork turn into residue, fish out.
- Add lean pork and scallions to the wok, stir-frying until the lean pork cooked
- Add string beans ,light soy sauce and keep stir-frying until the colors are deep green.
- Add 500 ml water, garlic, star anise, cover a lid, keep simmering, until cooked through, keep some sauce, about 8-10 minutes(depends on your fire), turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.