The Qishan saozi noodles with meat from Qishan County, Shaanxi Province is the noodle soup with the most ingredients I know, included meat and kinds of vegetables. Compared to vegan shaozi noodles, fried meat that can be pork, mutton or beef is added to. My cooking today is stir-fried pork. I have to say, I really like this saozi noodles with meat. Although it takes some time to make it once, I always make more saozi meat and freeze it in the refrigerator. Just serve with noodles and greens when I want to serve it.
Need to add vinegar and chili powder when stir-frying the pork saozi that is special with sour and hot taste I like. There is also a tradition in China to eat raw garlic when eating noodles. I also learned to eat noodles often with raw garlic, which is a very good taste experience. But if you are eating noodles soup for breakfast or lunch on weekdays, in order to avoid peculiar smell, don’t try it.
Let me show the steps of this slightly more complicated noodles
- Making egg pan-fried sliced
- Making vegan saozi- The daylily, black gungus should be soaked in advance.
- Making pork saozi- Add the fat first,when there is only oil residue left in stir-frying, remove and throw away, then add the lean pork. And when stir-frying the lean pork, chili powder, pepper powder, vinegar are the must seasoings added.
- Boiling the noodles
- Making the soup with pork saozi and vegan saozi for noodles boiled- Add ginger sliced to the hot oil, then add water, bring to boil, then add vegan saozi, pork saozi, before turning off the fire, add egg pan-frying sliced.
Chinese Qishan SaoZi Noodles with Meat( 歧山肉臊子面)
- Wok for stir-frying
- Pot for boiling
- For the vegan saozi
- 10 gram daylily, soaked,sliced
- 15 gram black fungus, soaked, sliced
- 10 gram chive,chopped
- One tomato about 200 gram, diced
- Green scallions about 15 gram, chopped
- One potato about 200 gram, peeled, diced
- One egg, pan-fried, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon oil
- For the pork saozi
- Ginger 6 gram, shredded
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 300 gram pork, Cut fat and lean meat separately.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- For the soup
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 5 gram ginger shredded
- 300 ml water
- Beat the egg thoroughly, pan frying, then sliced
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over high medium heat, add green scallions, stir-frying for 5 seconds, add daylily, black fungus, tomato diced, potato diced, stir-frying for 2 minutes, add 200 ml water, bring to a boil, boiling until cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium heat, add fat pork, stir-frying until only left oil residue, fish out, then add lean pork, chili powder, pepper powder, vinegar, salt, keep stirring until cooked through.
- Boilng the noodles until cooked through, transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to the wok, heat over medium heat, add ginger shredded, stir-frying for 10 seconds, add 300 ml water, bring to a boil, add vegan saozi, pork saozi, bring to a boil again, add sliced egg before turn off the fire.
- Add the soup to the noodles boiled, top with chopped chive,
- Serve warm.