For those who do not like sweet desserts, the salt and pepper dim sum that tastes salty with the aroma of pepper is a good choice. Today’s Chinese slat and pepper pastry is something I often make, and it is used as a snack or as a cake pairing with tea.
Time is almost coming to October again, and the Chinese will greet the seven-day National Day holiday. Traveling has become difficult because of the epidemic, but it is also a good time to reunite with our family when serving the baked pastries.
How to make wrappers
- Watery oily wrappers dough(One part)
- Oily crispy wrappers dough（another part).
The salt and pepper fillings
Chinese Salt and Pepper Pastry
- Oven for baking
- Water oily wrappers( one part）
- 250 gram flour
- 35 gram oil
- 130 ml water
- Oily wrapper dough(another part)
- 170 gram flour
- 40 gram oil
- 30 gram sugar
- Pepper powder 1/2 tablespoon
- 50 gram flour
- 50 gram cooked sesame
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 60 gram cooked peanut
- Add the ingredients for one part dough to a big bowl, make into a dough, cover with wrap, let it rest for 30 minutes
- Add the ingredients for another part dough to another big bowl, make into a dough, cover with wrap, let it stand for 30 minutes too.
- Mixed the ingredients for the fillings well, add to the breaker, make into powder, transfer to a bowl.
- Put the one part dough on another part dough, make into a dough, rolling it , make into thin cake, then fold and rolling it again and again, at last, cut into sections, press ,then make into wrappers for pastries, put the right amount fillings on each wrapper, package into a ball, then press them into cakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° , roast for 30 minutes, the time depends on your oven temperature.
- Serve warm