Living in a coastal city, although the sea breeze makes the night in the city not so hot, the high temperature during the day is still crazy. The hot summer makes me lose my appetite, easy spicy cold noodles with sour and spicy flavor has become my main course these days. I didn’t add sesame paste in this noodle, we can think of it as a derivative version of Sichuan cold noodles.
In the Chinese cooking dictionary, the emphasis is on the harmony of five flavors. The Chinese are good at how to blend the five flavors properly and present the ultimate deliciousness. Pepper corns, vinegar, peanuts, chili oil, scallion, garlic,cucumber are all indispensable ingredients make simple noodles fascinating in this dish. In order to save time, preparing a jar of chili oil in advance will make cooking more pleasant.
How to prepare
- I think the pepper oil is better than the pepper powder, and it makes the noodles more flavorful. Add some peppercorns into the hot oil, and just throw away the peppercorns when it starts to burn, and then we get delicious pepper oil.
- Prepare a larger bowl, add all the ingredients except for cucumber shredded, and pour hot pepper oil on it. The temperature of the oil is as high as possible to stimulate the flavor of the seasonings and ingredients.
- I roasted the peanuts in the oven ahead of time. After roasting for about 7 minutes, I took them out immediately, otherwise they would burn. If you like deep-fried peanuts, it’s also okay.
- There is always a jar of chili oil in my refrigerator, prepared in advance. You can refer to this post to get how to make chili oil.
- It is best to choose thin noodles, which are more tasty than thick ones.
Don’t overcook the boiling noodles. Remove them when they are just cooked. It’s best to let them go through the cold water.
Chinese Spicy Cold Noodles
- Wok for stir-frying
- Pot for boiling
- 10 gram coriander chopped
- 250 gram thin noodles
- 17 gram green scallions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- One cucumber about 250 gram, shredded
- 50 gram peanuts, roasted
- 7 gram pepper corns
- 2 tablesppon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon ligh soy sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoon chili oil(more or less if you like)
- Boiling the noodles, transfter to a bowl when just cooked, let them go through the cold water for seconds, set aside
- Add the light soy sauce ,chopped scallions, vinegar, sugar, salt to a big bowl, mixed well.
- Add 5 tablespoon oil and pepper corns to a wok, heat over high heat, when the pepper corn just beginning to burn, remove them from the wok, when the oil beginning to smoke for 10 seconds. pour the hot oil into the seasonings bowl, you will hear the sizzle.
- Add the noodles boiled to the seasonings bowl, add the cucumber and coriander chopped, peanuts, chili oil, mixed well.
- Serve immediately.