You may rarely see people in southern China eating vegetables salad dishes, but as a northerner, this Chinese style seaweed salad frequently appears on my daily menu. As we all know, this seemingly ordinary seaweed has high nutritional value. The Japanese with the highest average life expectancy in the world cannot do without it in their diet.
Let me count the health benefits of seaweed:
- Seaweed contained a lot of iodine is the best food for people with hypothyroidism
- The high-quality protein and unsaturated fatty acids in seaweed have a certain preventive effect on heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Seaweed jelly can promote the excretion of radioactive substances in the body with stool, thereby reducing the accumulation of radioactive substances in the human body.
- In recent years, studies have found that seaweed, and other seaweed foods have anti-cancer and anti-cancer effects.
Seaweed itself without taste can absorb the taste of other ingredients more, and is more resistant to cooking. It is a good choice for using it in soup, cold salad, stewed dishes, etc.
How to prepare
I bought fresh shredded seaweed, just boil it until cooked through before making salad . If you buy dried kelp, soak it in advance and cut it into shreds with a knife. It is best to use seaweed shreds for cold dishes, which are easier to absorb seasonings’ taste.
Cut the long seawee shredded with a knife, it is more convenient to serve.
The best boiling time is 10 minutes or more. I like to eat softer seaweed.
Chinese Style Seaweed Salad
- Pot for boiling
- Wok for stir-frying
- 500 gram seaweed shredded, cut into sections with a knife
- Boiling the seaweed for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 small red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon vinegar（more or less according to your preference
- 2 tablespoon ligh soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Add garlic chopped, red chili chopped, sugar, vinegar, salt, light soy sauce to a big bowl, mixed well
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to a wok, heat over high heat, 5 seconds after it started smoking，Pour the hot oil on the seasonings mixed
- Add the seasonings to the seaweed boiled, mixed well with chopsticks.
- Serve immediately.