Chinese yellow chives and eggs stir-fried is a quick and easy daily dish. No time to cook? Try this yellow chive and eggs stir-fried, 5 minutes is enough. I also made scrambled eggs with chives a few days ago. Almost the same ingredients.
Tough they belong to the same genus, you also must wonder what is the difference between yellow chives and chives?
- The color of yellow chives is lighter than chives, because it receives less sunlight.
The taste of chives is sweeter, not so strong and more tender than chives.
- The price of yellow chives is 2 to 3 times that of the chives.
Chinese people also use yellow chives to make dumpling fillings, and when paired with shrimp, it is a synonym for super delicious. The well-know stir-fried beef with rice noodles used the yellow chives too. All dishes included chives can be used instead of the yellow chives with lighter taste.
In this dish, the yellow chives can be transfer from the heat as soon as they start to wilt to keep their crisp and tender.
Chinese Yellow Chives and Eggs Stir-fried
- Wok for stir-frying
- 170 gram yellow chives, cut into sections
- 3 eggs, beat the eggs thoroughly
- 3 +1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over high heat until just beginning to smoke
- Add egg liquid, stir-frying until spread, cooked through, transfer to a plate
- Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium heat, add the yellow chives, when beginning to wilt, add stir-fried eggs, keep stir-frying until mixed well about seve 6 seconds, turn off the heat, transfer to a dish.
- Serve warm.