This crispy fried pork with sauce is a well-known recipe in Northeast area. In the Northeast of China, recipes cooked with meat and fish ingredients are called hard dishes. I think it’s because they are delicious and rich in animal protein. They are usually used to entertain guests and appear at the dinner table during the festival.
The prepared juice for fried pork is usually divided into two types, salty and sweet sour. This crispy fried pork was added in salty sauce. Fristly deep fried the pork coated starch paste, then at the end stir fried in sauce for some seconds. A perfect dish is done.
If you like sweet and sour taste, try another recipe I cooked—Double Cooked Pork Slices.
- 150 gram corn starch
- 350 gram lean pork, cut into pieces
- one green pepper, sliced
- one part carrot, sliced
10 gram scallion, chopped
3 gram ginger, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
5 tablespoon water
3 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
For marinating pork
1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Add chopped ginger, scallion, and garlic, salt, sugar,light soy suace in a bowl, mixed well, set aside.
- Marinate pork pieces with 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine and 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, for 10 minutes
- Add 2 cup water in cornstarch, mixed well, let it settle for 10 minutes. Pour off the upper layer of clear water, leaving only the precipitated starch.
- Add the pork pieces in precipitated starch paste, let every piece pork coat in paste
- Add oil in a wok, heat over high heat, deep fried pork one by one,cooked through, then transfer to a dish
- Deep fried the vegetables slices quickly, only let them go through the heated oil for 5 seconds.
- Add mixed sauce to a new wok, bring to a boil, add deep fried pork and vegetables, stirring for 10 seconds, let every piece coat in sauce.
- Serve with rice.