This deep fried eggplant box that my mom often used to cook is one of my favorite recipes. Why called it eggplant box is because of cut eggplant can be filled with minced pork just like a box.Eggplant is one of the most frequently used ingredient in Chinese cuisines, whether it is vegan salad, stewed dishes, stir-fried , deep-fried dishes, everything is wonderful.
The high heat oil and flour paste made the crispy surface of eggplant box within tender inside. We all know that eggplant is easier to absorb oil. So in all deep-fried eggplant recipes, the oil temperature should be adjusted to medium-high, otherwise cooking will easily fail.
The suitable oil temperature for deep-frying
In this recipe the oil heat should be 160 degrees celsius or above. You can test the oil temperature with dropping a little flour paste, quickly shaped is more suitable.
How to cut the eggplant
I didn’t cut off the two slices of eggplant completely. Some people spread the minced pork on a slice of eggplant and then cover it with another eggplant sliced, just like making a buger. The latter way can be added more pork chopped. You can choose between two methods as long as you like.
After cutting the eggplant, cook it immediately, otherwise it will turn black due to oxidation. If not cooked immediately within 10 minutes, it should be soaked in salt water. Drained it when cooking.
Deep Fried Eggplant Box
- Pot for deep-frying
- 2 medium size eggplants, peeled, cut into sections, two sliced one section, not cut completely.
- For fillings
- 200 gram pork minced
- 15 gram green scallion, chopped
- 10 gram giner, chopped
- pepper powder1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- For coat paste
- 2 tablespoon water
- one egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon flour
- Mixed all fillings ingredients well
- Mixed paste ingredients well
- Cut the eggplant, filled them with pork minced
- Coat the eggplant boxes with flour paste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat, about 160 degree celsius or above
- Deep fried them one by one until brown color and cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Serve with rice or only as a snack