Chive is a warm food that will drive away the cold of the past winter, if be served in spring. In the southern region, vegetables can grow all year round, as there is no snow in the winter season. Different from the south, there are no vegetables in the north of China in winter because of the cold temperature. After a winter’s brewing, the freshly grown chives in spring are the most delicious of the year.
Chinese people use chive to make Chive and Egg Pie, Spring rolls and other recipes to savor its taste. Today’s recipe is a nice color match which contains bright yellow color and dark green. It should be another best easy and quick recipe that provided for one who want to try a Chinese dish but no more time. I cooked a chopped chive with egg stir fried verson from the same ingredients. May it will take a little longer time to chop chive, but today’s verson only need to cut it into sections in dozen seconds.
Just like the well known Tomato Egg Stir-Fry, egg should be stri-fried first and transfer to a dish, stir fry the chive, at last add the stir-fried egg. Why I did this is to keep the egg stir-fried tender texture.
Egg Stir Fry with Chive
- Wok for stir-frying
- 200 gram chive, cut into sections, about 3 cm length
- 3 big eggs, stirring, until fully combined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Add 2 tablespoon oil to a wok. heat over high-medium heat, add egg liquid, stir-frying until cooked through, transfer to a dish
- Add 1 tablespoon oil the the wok, add chive sections, stir-frying about 2 minutes, until the chives are wilted.
- Then add egg cooked, salt, stir-frying for about half minute, turn off the fire