I’ve been obsessed with this eggplant fried with sweet and sour eggplant dish recently, it’s delicious and easy to make. Serving the soft eggplant covered in sweet and sour sauce mixed with rice is really indescribably satisfying. People put dishes on top of rice, the Japanese call it Donburi, the Chinese call it 盖浇饭. I think the reason why it is called 盖浇饭 is that the dish is covered over the rice like a hat. Juicy Chinese stir-fried dishes work especially well in this form, like today’s eggplant with sauce.
It seems that dishes with sweet and sour sauce are something women and children can never refuse. Just like Chinese crispy sweet and sour tofu, Chinese egg fried with sweet and sour sauce, double cooked pork slices, etc. For busy office workers, or singles, trust me, this eggplant fried with sweet and sour sauce is worth trying. Adjusting the sweet and sour sauce is the key to this dish, and by the way, there is also garlic, which I said is an indispensable partner for eggplant dishes.
In the past few days, the covid-19 in my city has worsened again, and it feels like all the grass and trees are enemies. Some people say that 2020 and 2021 are two years taken away by the covid-19. It is inconvenient to travel, inconvenient to go out, and not free in all kinds of ways. But from another point of view, this is not necessarily a bad thing. It allows us to reflect on ourselves better and have more time to return to life. After all, being too busy can make people lose their souls. Let’s move forward with hope and believe that tomorrow will be better.
- The oil temperature for frying the eggplant should not be too high, so as not to burn. Transfer when the surface turns golden brown.
- Sweet and sour sauce: 2 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoon suagr, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 10 tablespoon water, mixed well. I tried and think this proportion is perfect.
Eggplant Fried with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Wok for stir-frying
- Pot for deep-fried
- One eggplant about 300 gram, peeled
- 1 cup oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- For sacue
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 10 tablespoon water
- When cutting, rotate the eggplant , then cut into pieces
- Add 2 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 10 tablespoon water to a bowl, mixed well.
- Add 1 cup oil to a wok, heat over medium heat. add eggplant pieces, deep fry them, transfer to a plate when they turn golden brown.
- Add sauce and garlic to another wok, boiling the sauce, then add fried eggplnat, stirring for several times. let every eggplant piece be in sauce, turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.