Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork(Yu Xiang Rou Si) is representative of Chuan cuisine(Sichuan cuisine). Fish-Flavored is the name of taste. It just tastes like fish, in fact there is no fish in it.
Pork tenderloin is the best ingredient for this dish. Marinate with salt, starch and oil before frying, the meat tastes tenderer.
- 300 gram pork tenderloin or lean pork, shredded
- 100 gram carrot, shredded
- 80 gram black Fungus after soaked, then shredded
- 50 gram winter bamboo shoots , shredded. (optional)
- 15 gram scallion, chopped
- 15 gram ginger, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (or cooking wine)
- 1/4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
For starch water
- 2 tablespoon starch
- 5 tablespoon water
- Add starch and water to a bowl, mixed well
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl, set aside
- Marinate shredded pork with salt for 5 minutes, then marinate with starch water and oil for 10 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium-high fire, add shredded pork, stir-frying for a while until the color turns white, transfer to a dish, set aside
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a new wok, heat over medium-high fire, add scallion, ginger, garlic chopped and sichuan chopped, stir-frying for half minute, then add shredded winter bamboo shoot ,shredded carrot, shredded black fungus, stir-frying for one minute, untill they are soft.
- Add the pork, stir-fry for half minute, then add the sauce, stir-frying untill cooked through
- Add some starch water, stir-frying for half minute, transfer to a dish, turn off the fire.
- Serve with rice