Today’s garlic scapes stir fried with pork is a common home-cooked dish in China, and using it with rice is another classic. This dish is also a good choice for those who bring lunch boxes to work. Pork is a classic paired with many dishes, and they complement each other. Just like the pork stew with string beans , because the vegetables themselves have a slightly sweet taste, coupled with the aroma of pork, the sauce of the dish seeps into the rice, and it is impossible not to eat more than one bowl of rice.
Light soy sauce is the soul of this dish, and the heat is the key to success or failure. The light soy sauce gives the dish juices. Stir frying over high heat preserves its texture and flavor to the greatest extent possible. Many Chinese dishes are stir-fried over high heat and can be done in minutes. The Chinese call them small stir-fryings.
The time has come to the beginning of summer solar term, which means that summer has begun. This time last year was a hot summer, and this year is still the temperature of spring. The weather under the COVID-19 has also changed. In any case, let’s enjoy the present time. Cooking a dish and drinking a glass of wine are all rewards for yourself.
Garlic Scapes Stir Fried with Pork
- Wok for stir-frying
- Garlic scapes about 250 grams, cut into sections
- 150 gram pork, cut into small slices
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add 4 tablespoons oil to the wok, heat over medium high heat, add the pork slices, stir-frying until cooked through when the color turns white.
- Add garlic scapes sections, light soy sauce, salt to the wok, keep stir-frying until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.