Chinese Mung Bean Porridge
Traditional Chinese medicine says that mung beans are cold food and have the effect of clearing heat and detoxifying. In the summer, mung bean porridge is a nice recipe for relieving heat. Then it is not suitable for people who are sick or who have weak constitution to eat more mung beans
China’s porridge culture was born together with food culture, and also has a history of thousands of years. Simple rice combined with different ingredients can adapt to natural seasonal changes to nourish the body and get healthy. The premise is that we must understand the nature of the ingredients and match them properly.
- Polished round-grained rice which growed in northeast of China is better for porridge. It makes porridge more sticky and nutritious.
- It is better to soak ingredients before cooking porridge. Also we can let mung beans cooked fully, then add them to the rice, then press porridge button of rice cooker
- It is not suitable to cook mung beans with iron pots, it will make the soup black and harmful to the body.
Rice cooker or pressure cooker
- 30 gram polished round-grained rice
- 20 gram red bean
- 2 cup water
- Washed mung bean and rice, then add them and water to a pressure cooker or rice cooker.
- Press the porridge button, serve it when program completed.