Today’s noodles stew with green beans is called “豆角焖面” in China that means to put the noodles, long beans and pork together and simmer until cooked through. It is different from boiling noodles. No need a lot of water, cover the lid until the water dryout and turn off the heat.
For noodle lovers, a bowl of noodles is varied and all-encompassing. It can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, no other dishes are needed, just a bowl of noodles is enough. Cold noodles in summer and hot noodle soup in winter can be a comfort to the soul. Having said so much, it is enough to tell that I am also one of the noodle lovers.
The cities in the north are already icy and snowy in this solar term, and my city is still warm as spring. Then make a bowl of noodles in this warm winter day to enjoy the time.
How to prepare
- We should buy pork with a little fat and separate the fat and lean when cutting. When cooking, add the fat first, fry until only the meat residue is left, remove it, and continue to fry the lean meat and beans with this oil. The noodles made in this way taste fragrant, compared with vegetable oil.
- Remove the two ends and the middle line of the green beans before cooking
- Let the noodles separate and prevent them from sticking together before cooking.
Noodles Stew with green Beans
- Wok for stir-frying
- 230 gram beans, remove the ends and string, break into sections by hand
- 400 gram noodles
- 200 gram pork with fat and lean part, cut the fat and lean into small pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, choppeds
- 2 star anise
- 1 light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 ginger sliced, about 6 gram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and pork fat to the wok, heat over medium heat, stir frying until the fat becomes meat residue, remove the meat residue.
- Add ginger sliced, lean pork, star anise, stir-frying until the lean pork turns white and almost cooked.
- Add green beans, half of garlic chopped, light soy sauce, stir-frying until the green beans turn green color, add 500ml water or more, 1 teaspoon salt, let the water cover the beans, put the noodles on the top, cover the pot, simmer over medium-low heat until the soup is dry, turn off the heat, about 6 minutes(according to the amount of water)
- Add the rest garlic chopped, mixed well and serve warm.