I often make this noodles with eggplant fried sauce to save time and fill my stomach. For single people, the most favorite should be one-pot recipes that included noodles with kinds of sauce. The kinds of sauce we are talking about here can be stir-fried dishes and a juice made from mushroom and egg, and, of course, fried soy bean paste. The stir-fried dishes we added to the noodles are a little different from the dishes we usually make, that is, we need to add some starch water to form juices, in order to make the noodles more delicious.
In my opinion, noodles can be mixed into any dishes. But the dishes that can be accepted by ordinary diners are still eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, etc. fried together with eggs or meat. I think the reason may be because these dishes are slightly softer and go better with noodles. In this recipe, I diced the eggplant and stir fried them with pork belly, and then add some starch water to make a juice.
Today is the fifteenth day of the first month of the Chinese lunar calendar, which is also the Lantern Festival. Traditionally, today’s program involves eating glutinous rice balls, watching lanterns, and guessing lantern riddles.
The Spring Festival, a traditional festival, has a stronger festive atmosphere in the north area. In the southern city where I live now, the traditions have faded a lot. There are also no lanterns to see here. I remember when I was a child, on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month, I went to see the large-scale colorful lanterns with my parents.
After the Lantern Festival, the Spring Festival is officially over. Chinese people have to devote themselves to work and study under the cover of the COVID-19. The city where I live without winter is also about to have summer. No matter what, I hope everyone is safe and living the life they want. Then forget yourself while cooking food and serving food.:)
- If you like softer eggplants, stir fry them for a while longer. I like that the eggplants are just fried and a little crispy, so I didn’t stirfry them for as long.
Noodles with Eggplant Fried Sauce
- Wok for stir-frying
- Pot for boiling
- One eggplant, wash then diced
- 100 gram pork belly, diced
- 3 cloves galic, chopped
- 5 gram ginger, shredded
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon starch, then add 8 tablespoon water, mixed well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gram noodles
- Add 4 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium low heat, add pork belly diced, ginger, then stir fry until cooked through
- Then add eggplant diced, light soy sauce, pepper powder, garlic chopped, salt, keep stir-frying until just cooked through,about 3-4 minutes
- Add starch water, bring to a boil, turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl.
- Prepare a pot, add enough water , bring to boil, add noodles, until cooked through, transfer to another bowl.
- Add the eggplant sauce to noodles, mixed well, serve warm.