Noodels with gravy( Da Lu Mian) are home-made noodles that are particularly common in northern China.This is a recipe from mom, which reminds me of my mother who used to be busy in the kitchen. The concept of gravy here refers to the thick and viscous juice poured on the noodles, and starch is usually added to the juice.
The vegetables in the gravy can be mushrooms, eggplants, tomatoes or others, which is free to make. My gravy today which is the most classic one made with mushrooms, egg, fungus and daylily. Sauces or toppings give the plain noodles boiled a rich flavor. There are Cold noodles with sesame paste in summer and Yang chun mian noodles in winter. For busy people, a bowl of noodles with content is enough to satisfy appetite and nutrition. I often think that noodles are really the greatest invention of the Chinese.
How to prepare
Dried fungus, shiitake mushrooms and day lily should be washed and soaked in advance and cut into sections. The eggs should be fully broken up.
Keep the water for soaking mushrooms and add it to the gravy to make the sauce have the aroma of shiitake mushrooms.
The starch water should be added in portions to make the sauce thicker.
When serving, the gravy topping and noodles should be stirred thoroughly.
Northern Noodles with Gravy( Da Lu Mian 打卤面）
- Wok for stir-frying
- Pot for boiling
- 12 gram daylily, soaked, cut into sections
- One egg. beat up fully
- Black fungus, 10 pieces, soaked, cut into sections
- 120 gram lean pork, shredded
- 5 pieces shiitake mushrooms, remove root, washed, and soaked with 300ml water, cut into sections, keep the soaked water
- 5 gram ginger,sherdded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 350 ml water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 5 tablespoon corn starch, add 10 tablespoon water
- 150 gram noodles
- Add 2 tablespoon oil to a wok, add ginger shredded, then add lean pork, stir frying until the pork cooked through
- Add soaked shiitake mushrooms water, 350 ml water, black fungus, daylily, shittake sections, light soy sauce ,dark soy sauce to the wok with pork
- Bring to a boil, boiling until the ingredients cooked through, about 5 minutes
- Add starch water to wok, bring to a boil, then add again, for 3 times adding
- Add egg liquid slowly around the wok, stirring with spoon when added all, add salt,mixed well, turn off the fire, gravy is finished.
- Add full water to a pot, bring to a boil, add noodels, boiling until cooked through.
- Transfer to a big bowl, add gravy, mixed well, serve warm.