Onion is a vegetable we are very familiar with. It can be used as a main ingredient or as a side ingredient, and it seems to be the golden partner of meat, especially beef and mutton. Today’s onion stir fry with eggs is where it appears as the main ingredient. The combination of onion and egg is also a good dish paired with rice.
The fried onion has a sweet taste, coupled with the tender scrambled eggs, it is great in terms of nutrition and taste. Children will like it more. I make sure to add some light soy sauce which brightens the color of the onion and also gives it the aroma of soy sauce when I stir fry the onions. Although the color of the eggs can be less dazzling, it does not affect the overall feel and taste. At the same time onion also remove the fishy smell of the eggs, which is what makes this dish delicious.
As we all know, scallion, ginger and garlic are indispensable ingredients in Chinese kitchens. Sometimes because of the lack of scallions, I use onions instead when I stir-frying dishes. Onions store better and are easier to keep fresh than scallions. This is one of my kitchen secrets.
Don’t stir-fry the onions for too long or they will lose their crispness. It can’t be too short either, that way it won’t be cooked and will be spicy. The best time is about two minutes. Of course, you’d better taste it yourself, when stir-frying, for the best taste.
I had to interpret this dish from the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine（TCM) again. Onions are hot in nature and eggs are cold in nature. They are a perfect match for daily dietary needs.
- Onions and eggs should be stir-fried separately, so as not to affect the tenderness of the eggs.
- The time of stir-frying the onion should not be too long, no more than two minutes, so that the stir-fried onion will not be too soft and just cooked, which is the best state.
Onion Stir Fry with Eggs
- Wok for stir-frying
- One onion about 250 gram, sliced
- 3 eggs, , beaten fully with chopsticks or wh
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Add 4 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over high-medium heat. add egg liquid, stir-fry until cooked, transfer to a plate
- Add sliced onion, light soy sauce to the same wok, keep stir-frying until cooked about 2 minutes
- Add stir-fried eggs, salt to the wok with stir-fried onion, mixed well, turn off the heat.
- Serve with rice.