The well-known Pickled pepper and chicken feet that belongs to Sichuan cuisine goes well with white wine. In the cool autumn, drinking a few cups of Erguotou with some peanuts or pickled pepper and chicken feet is really a good time in life. If you like to drink brandy, rum, why not, tell you my experience, it is also a perfect match experience.
Maybe some people only eat chicken and don’t eat these leftovers. But the Chinese can always make them delicious in magical ways.The point is to remove the fishy smell, we need to add cooking wine or spices, green scallion, ginger or garlic. In this dish, pickled pepper is the soul for it’s spicy and sour taste. The hot and sour taste can not only remove the fishy taste of chicken feet but also increase the flavor of this dish.
How to make
- Remove the nails of the chicken feet, use a knife or scissors, whatever you want.
- The important step about the meat dishes, blanching, add a few slices of ginger, 10 pieces of peppers, one star anise, in order to remove the fishy.
- Keep the dish in the refrigerator freezer for at least 4 hours so that the chicken feet can better absorb the taste of pickled peppers.
If it is your own making pickled peppers, add the pickled pepper water to the chicken feet. If pickled peppers you bought, there is not so much pickled pepper water, you can add water instead.
Pickled Pepper and Chicken Feet
- Pot for boiling
- 300 gram chcken feet, remove the nails by knife
- 250 gram pickled pepper, plus the pickled water
- 11 gram ginger, sliced
- 1/2 tabels shaoxing wine
- 10 pieces of corn peppers
- one star anise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Add full water to a pot, add chicken feet, star anise, corn peppers, ginger sliced, birng to a boil, boiling about 10 minutes until cooked through
- Rinse the chicken feet repeatedly with cold water, and then soak in cold water for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a big bowl
- Add the pickled peppers, pickled water or water(if no pickled water) to the chicken feet, then add white vinegar, salt, cover with plastic wrap, let it stand in the fridge for 4 hour or more.
- Let the water flood the chicken feet
- Serve with wine or beer.