For a northerner living in southern China, the passion for noodles is always greater than rice. A simple bowl of noodles, as simple as scallions and seasonings, is enough to comfort me. The Chinese also call soy sauce noodles(Yang chun mian) Sumian(素面）, which means plain noodles. You can also understand it as vegan noodles without animal ingredients if you don’t add chicken powder.
If you are single and just want to make a simple meal, choose it. You can count the ingredients with one hand. If you are sick and uncomfortable，and only want to eat something that is easy to digest, come with a bowl of warm Yang chun noodles, it is irreplaceable. If you are in a hurry to go to work and don’t have time to make breakfast, just do it, it won’t take 10 minutes.
The Chinese are good at finding the perfect combination of food, like green onions and heated oil. The hot oil inspires the fragrance of green onions, and instantly gives a bowl of simple noodles soul. Different from noodles with scallion oil, Yang chun noodles come with soup which is seasoned with pepper, vinegar, soy sauce,chicken, and salt. When you finish eating the noodles, you also want to finish off all the soup.
I added chicken powder to the soup. If you are a vegetarian, you can also not add. If you want to make the soup more delicious, and you just have chicken soup on hand, adding chicken soup is also perfect.
Soy Sauce Noodles(Yang Chun Mian)
- Pot for boiling
- Wok for stir-frying
- 60 gram noodles(or some you want for one person
- 15 gram green scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken powder
- 500 ml hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil(optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt, white pepper powder, minced scallions and chicken powder to a big bowl
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil until just beginning to smoke， splash the heated oil on the seasonings in the bowl
- Add hot water to the bowl
- Boiling the noodles until cooked through
- Add the noodles cooked to the soup.
- Serve immediately.