Today I cooked spicy and sour potato shredded which is a common dish on the Chinese dinner table. It seems that I have been eating vegetarian dishes these days. No way, just because I want to eat.
The vinegar makes the potato shreddde crisp, plus the hot and sour taste, are enough to consume at least two bowls of rice. I would like to order it even when I go to a restaurant. The shredded potatoes cut with a knife are thick enough, so I like to have them with crispy and tender texture one by one.
Simple ingredients, excellent taste. If we are willing to spend time to percieve, a dish and a bowl of rice will be a very happy thing, right?
Why use a knife not a grater
We know the potato shredded cut with a grater are thinner. When stir-frying they could not keep the crispy texture easy. So we use a knife to cut them, but they should not be too thick. At this time, it reflects the importance of the knife skills.
Why do I sometimes add a little sugar when stir-frying for some dishes
It is not to get sweet tast, but to make the dishes more delicious. Chinese chief often do this.
Dried chili or fresh chili, Choose anyone as long as you like.
Before stir-frying soak the potato shredded with water to remove the starch. Then they will be crispy more. This step is also to prevent the potatoes from turning black.
Spicy and Sour Potato Shredded
- Wok for stir-frying
- One medium sized potato, about 370 gram, cut shredded with a knife
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- One small green scallion, chopped
- 3 small fresh red chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Soak and wash the shreeded potato for 2-3 times, remove the starch, then drained
- Add oil to a wok, heat the wok over high heat
- Add sugar, chili cginger chopped, garlic chopped, scallion chopped, stir-frying for 3 seconds
- Add potato, stir-fring for half a minutes,add vinegar, salt
- Keep stirring about 3 minutes until they are cooked through, turn off the fire.
- Serve with rice