When I eat spinach, I sometimes think of the sailormanPopeye with muscles among the cartoon. Perhaps the reason why sailors ate spinach was because of the lack of vitamin C at sea, or because the sponsoring company sold canned spinach.
We don’t care about the real reason for the moment. For me, meat and vegetable dishes on the table are nutritionally balanced. As for its nature, spinach is cold, and ginger is hot, a perfect combination. The color I used in Jade dumplings is attractive and the taste is delicious.
This easy and quick recipe only will take 5-10 minutes. So try it.
Why ginger chopped
When we cook this dish, the chopped ginger should be as small as possible. Then we don’t feel the spiciness of ginger when serve it.
Keep the spinach roots or not
The pink pianch roots taste a bit sweet. If you like of course you can keep them.
Vinegar is optional
I like to add a little vinegar or a lot to make cold dishes to enhance the flavor or get the sourness. It is optional for you.
Spinach with Ginger Sauce
- 500 gram spinach, wash and drained
- 15 gram ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken powder
- Add enough water to a wok, bring to a boil
- Add spinach to the boiling water, blanching until cooked through about 2 minutes
- Add the boiled spinach to the cold water, drianed, cut into sections
- Mixed the vinegar, light soy sauce, chicken powder, sesame oil, salt and ginger chopped well
- Add 1 tablespoon water to the sauce
- Place the spinach in a bowl, compost, turn upside down
- Drizzle with sauce