The steamed egg is called egg custard(蒸鸡蛋羹)in the north of China and steaming water egg(蒸水蛋） in the south. Today we added minced pork to the egg to make it more declious. This steamed egg with minced pork is soft and nutritious, suitable for the elderly, children and the weak. Of course, it can also be used as a daily dinner to adjust the recipes.
Regarding eggs, we can think of countless ways to cook, boiled eggs, stir-fried eggs, and candied floss eggs are a common ingredient in our daily menus. From the point of view of traditional Chinese medicine（TCM), eggs are neutral in nature, sweet in taste, can nourish qi and blood, and have the effect of soothing the nerves and nourishing the heart.
In fact, there are two ways of steaming eggs with minced pork. One is to mix the egg liquid and minced pork together and steam them in a pot. The second is to steam the egg liquid first, then stir fry the pork f and pour it on the egg custard. I take the second way. Can’t say which is better, they are all delicious.
When stir-frying pork, I used to put a little chopped ginger in order to remove the fishy smell of pork and balance its coolness at the same time. Of course, if you don’t like ginger, you can just add scallions chopped.
The Winter Olympics will make people temporarily forget about the COVID-19, and life will become warm again. The Norwegians’ snow sports are really the strongest, and the country with natural ski resorts is unmatched by other countries. However, the Chinese are also not bad, and currently ranks fourth in the gold medal list. There is no winter in the city where I live now, and I suddenly remembered the beauty of the ice and snow in my hometown, which used to be where I lived.
- The egg liquid should be fully whipped so that the egg whites and egg whites are completely mixed. Chinese people are used to using chopsticks as tools, of course, it is also possible to use an egg beater.
- Before steaming the custard, filter the egg liquid first, and then cover it with plastic wrap, so as to make the steamed custard more perfect.
- First steaming the egg liquid
- Then stir-frying the minced pork
Steamed Egg with Minced Pork
- Wok for stir-frying
- Three eggs, add to a bowl
- Minced pork about 80 gram，the fat to thin ratio can be 3:7.
- Green scallions about 15 gram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 5 gram ginger chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoon starch, add 8 tablespoon water, mixed well
- Fully beaten the eggs in the bowl, then add 1/8 teaspoon salt, lukewarm water to the egg liquid, then filter
- Cover the filtered egg liquid with plastic wraps, steaming them in the steamer with boiling water.
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium low heat, add ginger chopped, minced pork, stir-frying until the pork color turn white.
- Add scallions chopped, 2 teaspoon light soy sauce, 1/8 teaspoon salt, keep stir-frying until cooked through, add starch water, then bring to a boil, turn off the heat.
- Pour the pork minced sauce over the egg custard, mixed well then serve with rice.