Cantonese people love sugar water as much as soup and herbal tea. Sugar water is not a literal composition of sugar and water, but a rich dessert or soup with kinds of ingredients. It can nourish health, and it can also remove dampness and dryness. Sugar water can be used as dessert after Chinese dinner. Sweet food can make people happy.
From the point of view of traditional Chinese medicine, red beans can nourish the heart, invigorate the spleen and remove dampness, and also benefit the kidney. Glutinous rice also can tonify energy and enrich the blood. The combination of the two is a very nourishing health sugar water.
- 1/2 cup red bean
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup sticky rice powder
- 1/3 cup of water for mixed sticky rice powder
- Add water and make sticky powder into to a dough by hand.
- Divide dough and knead into many small balls.
- Add red bean, 3 cups of water and sugar to the electric pressure cooker.
- Switch to the soup button,about 35 minutes later, it’s done.
- Boiled water then boiled sticky rice balls till served.
- Add small sticky rice balls to the red bean sugar water.
Sticky rice balls and red bean sugar water
- electric pressure cooker
- 125 gram red bean
- 12 gram brown sugar
- 100 gram sticky rice powder
- 90 gram water for mixed sticky rice powder
- mix water and sticky powder, make them into a dough by hand
- divide dough into many small balls
- put red bean,750g water and sugar in electric pressure cooker
- Switch to the soup button,about 35 minutes later, it's done
- Boiled sticky rice balls till served
- pour small sticky rice balls into red bean water