For those who don’t have much time to cook during the working day, today’s stir fry bean sprouts with chives is another quick dish that saves time and is delicious. The crisp and tender taste of bean sprouts will always make people miss. The addition of chives gives the dish a complex flavor.
You know that spring chives are the most delicious, because it contains the energy of a whole winter. When Chinese people eat spring cakes, they like to stir fry some dishes including bean sprouts, because the softness of the cake and the crispness of the bean sprouts complement each other. Of course, this dish is also great with rice.
I still want to interpret this dish from the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine（TCM). Chives are warm in nature and spicy, and bean sprouts are sweet and cool. They are very good in terms of cooling and heat. Secondly, bean sprouts have the effect of clearing away heat and dampness, and chives have the effect of warming and invigorating qi.
By the way, it’s a vegan dish, it’s extremely friendly to vegetarian lovers, if you want to try spring pancakes paired with a dish, stir fry it. Or if you want to have a quick dish with some rice, try it.
- It is best to remove the ends of the bean sprouts, it will be more crisp and delicious.
Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Chives
- Wok for stir-frying
- 300 gram bean sprouts, remove the ends, about 210 gram left, wash and drain
- 160 gram chives, wash and drain, cut into sections
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 10 gram scallions, chopped
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium high heat
- Add scallions chopped, stir-frying for 3 seconds, then add sprouts and chives, keep stir-frying until cooked through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.