There is a dish called black and white dish(黑白菜) which is from the colors of ingredients on the Northeastern restaurant’s menu. In fact, it is a combination of Chinese cabbage, black fungus, and sliced pork. Usually a little carrot is added for more color.
In the winter of Northeast China where vegetables were scarce a few decades ago, cabbage and radish were the main vegetables in winter. Stir fry cabbage with black fungus have also become a common dish on the dinner tables.
There is an old Chinese saying: a hundred vegetables are not as good as Chinese cabbage. It interprets the rich nutrition of Chinese cabbage and the randomness that can be matched with many ingredients. Wood ear is the best fungus to clean blood vessels, and eating more is good for the body.I seem to be fascinated by simple dishes made with readily available ingredients these days. Presumably they’re simple but nutritious, and tasty and quick to cook.
- One or two hours of soaking the fungus is enough, not too long. Otherwise, it is easy to produce bacteria, which is not good for health.
- When cutting Chinese cabbage, tilt the knife so that the sliced cabbage is more delicious.
This is the last week before the Spring Festival, and some people can go home to reunite with their families. Some people can’t go back because of the COVID-19. I believe recipes for New Year’s Eve dinner or recipes for cooking alone can be found on my blog. Friends who like to cook can try them boldly and welcome to share your feelings with me.
Stir Fry Cabbage with Black Fungus
- Wok for stir-frying
- 180 gram Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 90 gram carrot, sliced
- 40 gram soaked black fungus
- 80 gram lean pork, sliced
- 12 gram chopped scallions
- 5 gram ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak the black fungus for one hour, get about 40 gram soaked black fungus
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium heat, add ginger shredded, chopped scallions, stir fry for 5 seconds, then add pork sliced, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, stir frying until cooked through
- Add sliced black fungus, Chinese cabbage sliced , sliced carrot, stir-frying for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve wram.