Once Christmas is over, it means that 2021 will be a thing of the past, and a new year is coming. The great festivals and ordinary days constitute a colorful life. Compared with the gluttonous feast of Christmas, perhaps a simple stir fry green pointed pepper with eggs in the cold winter day is what makes us feel more comfortable. It’s simple, fast, easy to make, and importantly, it comes from mom’s menu.
This dish that consumes a lot of rice or steamed buns must be a favorite of pepper lovers who like the spiciness to bloom on the tongue. I also have to interpret it from the perspective of TCM. The green pointed peppers are warm in nature and eggs are cool, so they are a perfect combination. But it is not a kid-friendly recipe. If given to children, I recommend stir fry green bell pepper with eggs which is not spicy.
How to prepare
- The core and root of the pepper should be removed. It is best to wear gloves to avoid the burning sensation caused by capsaicin.
- Beat the eggs fully into egg liquid. Some people put a little salt in the egg liquid before scrambled eggs. If you do this, you need to add a little less salt when you cook. I didn’t do this, it was just a habit. Both methods are possible.
- Transfer the scrambled eggs to the plate first, in order to maintain the tenderness of the eggs. Add to the fried green pointed peppers in the end.
- Don’t spend long time when stir-frying the green pointed pepper . It only takes 1-2 minutes on high heat. And be sure to keep stir-frying action to avoid burning the green pointed peppers. For cooking, the grasp of time is always an important link. The ingredients will lose their crispness over time. So who said that Chinese food is easy to make, it still requires a little skill and experience.:)
Stir Fry Green Pointed Pepper with Eggs
- Wok for stir-frying
- Five pointed green peppers about 200 gram, remove the roots and cores，cut into bite-sized strips.
- 2 eggs, beaten fully into egg liquid with chopsticks.
- 10 gram scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon oil( 3 tablespoon for frying eggs, 1 tablespoon for frying peppers)
- Add 3 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium heat, add egg liquid, stir-frying until cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over high medium heat. add pointed pepper strips, scallion chopped, light soy sauce, salt, keep stir-frying for more than 1 minute
- Add the fried eggs when the pointed peppers are just cooked, mixed well ,turn off the heat.
- Serve warm.