Today’s stir fry pork tenderloin（滑熘里脊） is a traditional meat dish that was once a must on the menu of wedding feasts decades ago. In our usual impression, meat dishes should be dark red, like braised pork. But there is no soy sauce in today’s dish, just to highlight its white color.
The pursuit of color, aroma, taste and shape in Chinese cuisine has never changed. This pork tenderloin is also no exception.Red carrots, green cucumbers, black fungus and white slices make it a pleasing color. The tender pork slices are mixed with the fragrance of cucumber, which makes the taste of meat dish refreshing. Diamond-shaped cucumbers and carrots complement the tenderloin slices.
In my memory, many traditional dishes I eat at wedding receptions or restaurants have a very special taste, which I call restaurant taste. The taste I reproduced at home was always a little off, maybe because of the heat. After all, the firepower of ordinary stoves at home is still not as good as that of professional stoves.
Stir fry pork tenderloin is also a good dish with white liquor. For Chinese people, if there is wine, there must be meat. A sip of wine and a bite of pork can make me temporarily forget the troubles of the COVID-19:).
Be careful when stir-frying the fungus, it will fry out of the pot, cover the pot or keep away from the pot.
Stir Fry Pork Tenderloin
- 2 woks for stir-frying
- Soaked black fungus about 25 gram
- Pork tenderloin about 300 gram, sliced
- Cucumber about 60 gram, sliced
- Carrot about 50 gram, sliced
- 2 tablespoon starch, 4 tablespoon water, mixed well, be a bowl of starch water.
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For marinating porl slices
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon starch
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 10 gram ginger, shredded
- Pinch of salt
- Add starch, cooking wine, ginger shredded to the porl sliced, marinating for 15 minutes, pick out the shredded ginger before stir-frying.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil to the wok, heat over medium high heat, add the pork sliced, stir-frying until cooked through and the color turns white, transfer to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoon oil to another wok, heat over medium high heat, add the black fungus, cucumber, carrot, stir-frying until the fungus cooked through about 2 minutes, then add the starch water, mixed well, turn off the heat.
- Serve warm.