Today’s tofu sheet and green pepper stir fry with pork is a traditional dish which pair with wine in the north east area of China. When Chinese people drink Baijiu, they always pair it with some side dishes, a plate of peanuts cooked, a stir-fried dish, or others meat food. The tofu sheet is chewy, the pork is tender, plus the crispness of the green pepper, they are perfect to go with wine.
Everyone has lingering dishes that represent the taste of hometown in his heart. Tofu sheet and green pepper stir fry with pork is one of the representatives in my memory.The secret for this dish is to add starch water in the final step of stir-frying, so that the pork and tofu sheet are tender and not dry.
Sitting by the window and looking at the scenery outside, drinking a little wine and pairing with side dishes, it is also a good choice to enjoy the time that is especially in the most wonderful autumn of the year. :)
Tofu Sheet and Green Pepper Stir Fry with Pork
- Wok for stir-frying
- 2 Pointed green pepper about 150 gram, cored and rooted, cut into sections
- 1 piece tofu sheet, about 100 gram, Cut into triangles
- 6 gram ginger, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon starch, add 8 tablespoon water, mixed well
- 3 tablespoon oil for stir-frying
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For marinating pork
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tabelspoon oil
- 100 gram pork, sliced
- Add 3 tabelspoon oil to the wok, heat over high-medium heat, add ginger and garlic chopped, stir-frying for 5 seconds, add marinated pork, keep stir-frying until cooked through
- Add green pepper sections and tofu sheet , stir-frying until the green pepper cooked, about 3 minutes, then add starch water, salt, bring to a boil, turn off the fire
- Serve warm.