Today’s well known West Lake Beef Soup which belongs to Huaiyang cuisine is a light taste appetizer soup with minced beef. It only will take you 15 minutes to cook easily. We usually spend a long time to cook big chunks of beef except but not including the minced beef. So here we need to chop the beef as small as possible to cook through.
The west lake beef soup added starch called “geng” in Chinese words is thicker than soup. There is an ancient Chinese poem sentence “washing hands then making geng and soup” which means going to the kitchen for the one you love. A short poem contains infinite warmth and affection, comfortable food and favorite lover, maybe what everyone yearns for.
My verson is added beef, egg white, coriander without tofu. Your verson can bee added tofu if you love it. From the perspective of Chinese medicine, beef soup has a very good tonic effect on the spleen and stomach. Give it a try for yourself or family’s health!
Starch water should be added in small amounts several times to get a perfect thick soup.
West lake beef thick soup
- Pot for boiling
- 10 gram coriander, chopped
- 100 gram beef , minced
- 8 gram ginger , sliced
- 3 dried shiitake mushroom , soak and chopped
- one egg, get egg white
- 200 ml water
- 2 tablespoon starch, added 10 tablespoon water
- Blanching the beef minced
- Whip the egg whites in one direction with chopsticks for 50 times
- Add beef minced, gingerj, mushroom to a wok with 200ml boiling water, boiling until beef cooked through
- Add egg whitle slowly, and keep stirring
- Add starch water slowly for about 5 times, keep stirring , turn off the fire, remove ginger sliced
- Add salt and top with coriander chopped